Becoming a father in 2020, I (Clint) learned to focus deeply on the most important things in life – family, health, and community. Becoming a father has only increased my passion for capturing the beauty of family through photography. I am deeply committed to keeping your child safe and healthy, as I would want anyone to do for my own.
Health and safety are always our number one priority. Minimizing the spread of COVID-19, and keeping all safety protocols in place is of paramount importance. We want all families to feel comfortable having their child photographed by us during this season. At Simply School Photos, we are part of the community, and believe we all have a part to play in keeping everyone safe.
- Our photographers will “smile” with their eyes, enthusiasm, and words! It is more difficult to convey warmth and smiles while wearing a mask, so we will make sure to make up for it in our interactions, as we want all children to be comfortable during the photo session.
- We will always be responsive to the Government of BC and Provincial Health authority, following industry guidelines that are in place.
- All photographers and staff will wear masks while on-site taking photos.
- Social distancing will be observed, even after the pandemic! With our photographers, we always remain at least six feet away from your child as most of them might be meeting us for the first time and we don’t want to scare or intimidate in any way. If we need help during the photo session that requires closer contact (i.e. helping a child with their clothing or prop), we will rely on the teachers and school staff who are already part of the child’s “bubble”.
- Any equipment or supplies brought into the school will be cleaned and sanitized on a regular basis, along with the physical space that is used in the school.
- Though most schools follow the same provincially-mandated COVID-19 protocols, we will familiarize ourselves with any school-specific policies to uphold while we visit.
- We will work with the school to choose an open, well-ventilated space to hold photo sessions in. If an adequate outdoor location is available, we will use that.
In turn, we ask all families to continue to follow your school’s COVID-19 policies for both parents and children, including when to wear a mask, hand washing protocols, and keeping socially distant. We ask you to keep your child at home if they are experiencing any illness symptoms at all. If scheduling allows, we are always happy to find a make-up session once your child is feeling better !
As always, don’t hesitate to ask us any questions about our COVID-19 policies and procedures. Thank you for your cooperation to help keep our community safe!